The Sing-Along-Blog

I remember a few years ago during the Writers' Strike I heard about this series of Internet shorts from Joss Whedon. I never saw them then, but I read a few stories about the creation of this set of shorts, but I had never actually seen it.

Then, last year when scrolling through the list of play-now options on NetFlix, I saw it was available. So I decided to give "Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along-Blog" a try. What I experienced over the next 43 minutes was as engaging, entertaining, and moving as any film I've seen in the past few years.

What is amazing about the feature is that it was a passion project done by a handful of talented people in a short period of time. They didn't do it for fame or money, they did it because it inspired them, and the first incarnation of the "Blog" was a free distribution on the Internet.

That's a rarity in our modern, consumer-driven culture. At a time when we have a lot of big, loud, and obnoxious offerings, this production is something different. And at the heart of the production are themes worth considering, including what's really important and valuable in life. (Here's a hint, it isn't fame, power, or money).

Doubtless there are many who haven't seen "Dr. Horrible." But whenever I find someone that has, the reaction is universal admiration. If you want to see artistic creativity at it's finest, look up this little blog. You'll be glad you did.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Burial a courtroom drama with heart

Broncos Draft Targets

Favorite Westerns, No. 43