End Times/Faith in Film

In a little less than a week Highlands Church will present a new night program — The End Times. The group will be a six week exploration of the cultural views of the end of the world and of the vision of the future as laid out in the Bible, specifically the book of Revelation.

I am honored to be a part of this program, sharing the facilitating duties with Pastor Israel. Pastor Israel has spent the past couple months going through the book of Revelation on Tuesdays at noon. For those that have longed to be a part of that class but can't attend daytime sessions, this will be a chance for you to hear some of that material in a new way.

Additionally, those that are fans of the Faith in Film program will enjoy the added component of this program. We will include clips from different films each week, exploring what the world says of the end of days and contrasting it with the picture we get in Scripture. I am excited to be fusing some of my passions with Israel's teachings for this new offering. I will also be using this site as a way of keeping you up-to-date with all that's happening in the class.

On Sundays, beginning next week, I'll post the worksheet from each session. Then, on Mondays, I'll be offering a bit of a synopsis on my thoughts on each week's lesson. The group will meet on Tuesdays at 6 p.m. upstairs.

Additionally I have begun looking at films to potentially include in the next round of Faith in Film, which will start either in the fall or in the winter. (As you can see, with The End Times and Alpha I have a few things going on this summer...) Below is the list of films I'm looking at, which is a little longer. The specific requests are in bold. Please feel free to leave a comment and weigh in on potential choices you'd like to see. I will have to narrow the list down to nine for the next round of class.

Choices:
Field of Dreams
Doubt
Up In The Air
The Mist
Get Low
Signs
I Am Legend
Amazing Grace
Devil
Dead Poet's Society
Evan Almighty
X-Men
There Will Be Blood
What Dreams May Come
Watchmen

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Burial a courtroom drama with heart

Broncos Draft Targets

Favorite Westerns, No. 43