Alpha Course, Week 12 supplement

Here's the supplement we passed out last week.

Alpha Course Supplement

How to Prepare Your Testimony

Suggestions:

  • Make it short. Aim for three minutes — people switch off after that.
  • Make it personal. Don’t preach, use I or We, not you.
  • Keep Christ central. They need to follow Him, not you.
  • Format
    • A little of your former life
    • How you came into your relationship with Christ
    • Something of what it has meant since then.
  • Write it out in full. It’s easier to see the waffle when it’s down on paper.

Sample Prayer:

  • Lord Jesus Christ, I am sorry for the things I have done wrong in my life. (Take a few minutes to ask His forgiveness for anything particular that is on your conscience.)
  • Please forgive me. I now turn from everything which I know is wrong. Thank you that you died on the cross for me so that I could be forgiven and set free.
  • Thank you that you now offer me this gift of forgiveness and your Spirit. I now receive that gift.
  • Please come into my life by your Holy Spirit to be with me forever.
  • Thank you, Lord Jesus. Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Burial a courtroom drama with heart

Broncos Draft Targets

Favorite Westerns, No. 43