Wedding By The Lake


"Love one another and you will be happy.  It's as simple and as difficult as that." — Michael Leunig

Today my sister got married. It's still a little hard to believe. In September 2010, I had the opportunity to come to Lake Tahoe for the first time. I went to a conference at Zephyr Point, and I couldn't help but think it would be a beautiful spot for a wedding.

Little did I know, less that two years later, I would be back for a wedding. My sister and her husband, Nick, have had a whirlwind romance. They met, dated, and fell in love quickly. Two Sundays ago she told me they were engaged. Today, they were married in a beautiful, intimate ceremony at the beach at Zephyr Cove.

It is amazing to see how God works in our lives. Sometimes he can take you from the lowest of lows to the highest of highs in a matter of months, which is certainly what happened for my sister. And it was amazing to be a part of it.

I wish the happy couple all the best, I'm grateful to have been a witness to it, and I'm so thankful for all the friends back home that scrambled this week to make it possible for me to be here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Burial a courtroom drama with heart

Broncos Draft Targets

Favorite Westerns, No. 43