Mother's Day



"I want to tell the whole world about a friend of mine
This little light of mine, I'm feelin' let it shine
I'm feelin' take y'all back to them better times
I'm feelin' talk about my momma if y'all don't mind"
- Kayne West, "Hey Mama"

Today is Mother's Day. It's amazing, as I reflect, how far we've come in a year. On May 12, 2011, I was awoken early in the morning to a phone call. It was my sister saying my mom had a heart attack and was in the hospital. That day was one of the scariest of my life.

In some ways, it's fitting that Mother's Day weekend has fallen on the one year anniversary of that day. A year ago, as I sat in the hospital waiting for news, I reflected on the thought that I don't know what I'd do without my mom. I still don't. But I thank God that he has brought renewed health and strength, and that my mom is still here.

No matter how old a boy gets, he still needs his mommy. I'm grateful I still have mine.

Happy Mother's Day everyone!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Burial a courtroom drama with heart

Broncos Draft Targets

Favorite Westerns, No. 43