Riding to the Finish on a White Horse


I love the Triple Crown races. There is something exciting about the spectacle and the pageantry of the races. And, of course, it's a blink and you'll miss it experience, which makes it even more exciting.

But there are a couple things I've never seen in my lifetime. The first is a Triple Crown winner. It's been years since a Triple Crown was achieved. The last one belonged to Affirmed in 1978. Each year that passes, we get more removed from seeing it. Still, I hope that one day we'll see it.

Who knows if this will be the year. I still have hope, but it remains to be seen.

The other thing I've wanted to see was a non-traditional colored horse make a run. Hansen is that horse, but he doesn't have great odds. The horse (pictured above), is white, which makes it unique. I'm not certain Hansen can win, but wouldn't it be awesome to see both things I've longed to see converge? Imagine a white Triple Crown winner!

The quest begins this afternoon!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Burial a courtroom drama with heart

Broncos Draft Targets

Favorite Westerns, No. 43