Stand Firm in the Lord


Paul was an amazing writer and theologian. He seemed to have a knack (probably that whole inspiration from God thing) for speaking to the needs of people who were his direct audience, and to us who have his letters in the Bible years later.

There are a lot of times in life when things don't make sense. That is especially true when you don't deal with change well. That would be me. I don't like change. It take a long time to adjust to change. I suspect God knows that. I also suspect that has a little something to do with this season in my life.

It's fair to say nothing will be the same. My family dynamics are changing. My work life is changing. My house is changing. And my personal life is REALLY changing. Most, if not all, of these changes are blessings from God. But that doesn't really help when you're not good at dealing with change.

That's why I'm always glad to know that at least one thing never changes, and that is God and His love for me. That's true for everyone. That's why, as Paul notes in Philippians 4, we can, and should, Stand Firm in the Lord. It's a promise, and no matter what else happens that should be a comfort.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Burial a courtroom drama with heart

Broncos Draft Targets

Favorite Westerns, No. 43