A New Season


Here's a look at the announcement I gave today during service. I will miss all of you who have been part of my Highlands family.


In Ecclesiastes 3:1 it says “There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens.” As Christians we know that God brings people and places into our lives in and for different seasons. I have been blessed, in this season, that God has brought Lindsay into my life. And in three weeks, I will be blessed to call her my wife.

This has been a season of joy and a season of new beginning in my life. But as one season begins, often another ends. For me, that includes the end of my time here at Highlands Church. I have accepted the position of Manager of Communications at First Pres Colorado Springs, and I will be moving there in July. It is a great opportunity to use all my skills to serve God in a new way and to help that church as it enters a new phase in a new denomination. I am also looking forward to continuing to work with Graham, albeit in a different way.

I will be forever grateful for my time here, and thankful for all the wonderful friendships and connections I’ve made over the last seven years. This has been an incredible place to serve, worship, and grow.

Over these next three weeks before I begin this new chapter God has set before me, I look forward to fellowshipping, worshipping, and celebrating with you all. Words cannot express what Highlands Church and this body of believers has meant to me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Burial a courtroom drama with heart

Broncos Draft Targets

Favorite Westerns, No. 43