Spiritual Tank

One of the things that John Ortberg talks about in his book, "The Life You've Always Wanted," is the idea of the Spiritual Tank. In the book, he talks about the ways that you refill your Spiritual tank, suggesting that when someone asks you how your Spiritual tank is, you should think about devotions as much as how you have served the Kingdom in other ways.

In my small group we talked about this idea and how it might apply to us. That led me to a thought — maybe everyone's Spiritual tank gets filled up in a way that's unique to our Spiritual gifts and the way we receive love. This is something that occurred to me when thinking about the idea of love languages.

My primary love language is quality time. For me, the way my Spiritual tank gets filled best is through quiet study of God and His Word. That makes sense given my love language. I fill my Spiritual tank through quality time with God and His Word. It inspires me and keeps me going.

Others in our group talked about how their tank is filled by getting out and working for others. They get fulfillment through serving the Lord by serving others. That would make sense if your love language was acts of service.

In other words, think about what fills you with love and fulfillment in general, then apply that to your walk with God. You might find it makes a world of difference.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Burial a courtroom drama with heart

Broncos Draft Targets

Favorite Westerns, No. 43