Hitting the Open Seas


This morning I awoke to clouds, wind, and the threat of rain... in mid-July. Ah, the precious weather break afforded by Seattle and the Pacific Northwest.

For years I've been fascinated with the idea of taking a cruise — being out on the sea away from the perpetual distractions of our daily lives. Today, I will finally embark on said cruise. I tried to prepare for any possible emergency scenario by watching "Poseidon" and "Titanic," but that just didn't fill me with confidence. Instead, I chose "Speed 2: Cruise Control." Just kidding, nothing could make me watch that film ever again...

For the next seven days I will be exploring a part of the world that's much cooler (literally), and something I've never seen before. I can't wait to see the wilds of Alaska!

With no cell service and spotty Internet, this may be my last post for a week. But rest assured, random theological musings, reviews of films and TV shows, sports theories, and plenty of travel anecdotes are headed your way when I get back.

As always, thanks for reading.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Burial a courtroom drama with heart

Broncos Draft Targets

Favorite Westerns, No. 43