The Canadian Life (Saturday)


Today (Saturday) I went Canadian. The final leg of our cruise was to Victoria, British Columbia. It  was my first foray into Canada, and my first trip outside the United States.

It was a beautiful place and fun to see at night. Thankfully it's the English-speaking part of canada, but it was still a little foreign. The first time it occurred to me was when I went to buy something (a DVD of course) and realized I had to ask if they took my money. They did, but the currency I received back had a Queen on it...

One thing I noticed was how clean everything seemed. It's sad to think that America, which claims to be the greatest country on Earth, is usually so trashy. Granted, this could have just been a facade for the tourists, but it was a pretty looking place.

And now I can proudly declare I am a world traveler... North American anyway.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Burial a courtroom drama with heart

Broncos Draft Targets

Favorite Westerns, No. 43