All Can Be Saved


Palm Sunday is the start of Holy Week, one of the most important weeks on the Christian calendar. This is a time when we reflect on Jesus' ministry, His death, and the sacrifice He made for us. It's an important part of our faith — the idea that God came down, lived as one of us, and sacrificed Himself so we'd have a path to salvation.

That's what makes it heart-breaking when some people don't think they can be saved; when they think they're beyond salvation. This, of course, flies in the face of what we see in Scriptures, but it's a common part of our society.

As part of his Palm Sunday message, Pastor Graham shared a story about a woman who seemed to offer just such a question. It was hard not to be moved thinking about her, and so many like her that feel the same way.

One of my favorite songs is "Jesus Walks" by Kanye West. Some would probably take issue with that. It's not the most church-friendly song in terms of language, but the ideas it conveys are beautiful. It is about a lost soul hoping there is still a chance for redemption for him. A powerful refrain in the song goes like this:


(Jesus Walks)
God show me the way because the Devil trying to break me down
(Jesus Walks with me)
The only thing that that I pray is that my feet don't fail me now
(Jesus Walks)
And I don't think there is nothing I can do now to right my wrongs
(Jesus Walks with me)
I want to talk to God but I'm afraid because we ain't spoke in so long

"I want to talk to God but I'm afraid because we ain't spoke in so long." That is the words of Kanye West, but it could echo the fears of millions in our world. Those who lost their way and worry that they're too far gone for God to pull them back.

I can't help but wonder if we, as the church, need to do a better job of conveying the message of hope and redemption found in our faith. Instead of judgement and condemnation, we should be reaching out in love. That's what our Savior did. Maybe we can do that this week, too, in remembrance of Him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Burial a courtroom drama with heart

Broncos Draft Targets

Favorite Westerns, No. 43