Going With Others


"But Ruth replied, “Don’t urge me to leave you or to turn back from you. Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God. Where you die I will die, and there I will be buried. May the Lord deal with me, be it ever so severely, if even death separates you and me.” — Ruth 1:16-17

Today the GO series continued with the idea of "Going With" others in their GO projects. I have been blessed to have the support of friends and family who have gone with me in m GO projects and callings in my life. One of the big blessings in this respect is my wife, Lindsay, who has gone with me twice in less than a year. She moved to Paso Robles then, before she even settled there, I got the chance to come to Colorado Springs and, two weeks after our wedding, she moved with me.

I can't imagine having adjusted to a new state, new city, and new job without Lindsay. She gave up a lot to be with me, and I couldn't help but reflect on that today when I was listening to today's message.

Something else that struck me was how God uses even the most broken situations to accomplish great things for the Kingdom. Way back in Genesis 19, there is a distressing story of Lot, his daughters, and what happened after the destruction of Sodom and Gommorah.

It's sort of a sad and distressing story that led to the birth of the Moabites, a people group that became the enemies of the Israelites during parts of the Old Testament. Then we come to Ruth, a Moabite woman who makes a bold declaration, follows her mother-in-law, and becomes a part of the most important lineage ever, that of Jesus.

That is the wonder of the Bible, and the wonder of our faith. God works all things to His glory, even when we don't understand it at the time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Burial a courtroom drama with heart

Broncos Draft Targets

Favorite Westerns, No. 43