Vacation's Over


I take pride in posting every day. I like writing, I like sharing ideas, and I like having this creative outlet. But sometimes it's just that life gets in the way. That happened last week when my birthday buddy, AKA my mom, and my dad arrived for a long weekend.

Let's look at some of the highlights:

1. The Broadmoor. I have lived here for nine months, I have driven past the Broadmoor a few times, but I have never been. Sunday, that changed. The brunch at the Broadmoor was all I expected and more. I also learned that there are so many choices offered it's best to go on hunger strike the three days before visiting...

2. Garden of the Gods. This is another site that I've driven by a couple times and through once, but I don't think I really stopped to appreciate this natural marvel. When you have folks from out of town visiting, you get that chance. Sunday I got to explore the visitor's center and drive through and get some pictures, and it was a blast.

3. House Hunting. Colorado Springs is a big place. I'm still learning the ins and outs of my side of town. But this weekend, when exploring with my parents, I saw all kinds of new areas. It truly is amazing how big Colorado Springs is and how varied it is. That was one of the fun highlights too!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Burial a courtroom drama with heart

Broncos Draft Targets

Favorite Westerns, No. 43