Guilty Pleasure Comedy — 10 Things I Hate About You


Today I continue my guilty pleasure summer series with another comedy entry.

10 Things I Hate About You (1999)
Starring: Heath Ledger, Julia Stiles, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, and David Krumholtz
About: When this film was released 14 years ago, it seemed like Ledger and Stiles would be big stars in the years to come. Now, the most successful is arguably Gordon-Levitt. It's hard not to think of the tragedy of Ledger when thinking about this film, or to wonder what happened to Stiles. This film also takes me back to college, which is when I saw it. It came out during the space between ending high school and beginning college. When I saw the trailer, I didn't know what to think. What I got was an iconic and amusing film that's just as watchable today as it was when it was released. This kicked off a string of teen films that were taken from classic works of William Shakespeare, in this case "The Taming of the Shrew." This film had good humor, an amusing story, and a great soundtrack. It was emblematic of the period and one of those teen films that has held up.
Rating: PG-13 for crude sex-related humor and dialogue, alcohol and drug-related scenes, all involving teens.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Burial a courtroom drama with heart

Broncos Draft Targets

Favorite Westerns, No. 43