My Life in Fantasy


I once saw an exchange with a friend of mine on Facebook. Someone asked him if he was still playing Fantasy Baseball. He responded, "I wouldn't call it a fantasy." Yep, that pretty much sums it all up.

Four years ago, someone asked me to play Fantasy Football. Having never done it, I said yes. I didn't really know what I was doing, but I still loved it. I drafted Michael Vick and Tim Tebow, and both ended up exploding and giving me enough points to finish second in the league.

The next year, I did it again. It didn't go well, and it was frustrating. That was when I announced my retirement from Fantasy Football. But, much like Brett Favre, it didn't stick.

The following fall, when a friend asked me to play again, I said yes. This time I thought strategy would save me. Then another friend asked me to play and, suddenly, I went from retired to playing in two leagues. Again, it didn't go according to plan. And, again, I announced my retirement from Fantasy Football at the end of the season.

Then we got to this fall. It started innocently enough, when my wife and I talked about doing a family fantasy football league. It seemed like a good idea, and quickly we formed our own league.

Next, a co-worker sent out an invitation to reactivate my old league and team from last year. It seemed easy enough, especially discovering the league had keepers (the same players as the year before) and suddenly I was in two leagues again.

Then a friend asked me about Fantasy Football. I couldn't help myself at this point, so I said yes again. Now I'm in three leagues.

This won't end well...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Burial a courtroom drama with heart

Broncos Draft Targets

Favorite Westerns, No. 43