Guilty Pleasure Comedy — Mallrats


Summer is pretty much over. Here's a look at the last of my Guilty Pleasure comedy entries.

Mallrats (1995)
Starring: Jason Lee, Jeremy London, Shannen Doherty, Claire Forlani, Jason Mewes, and Kevin Smith
About: Smith had a set of comedies that have become indie favorites. Among them is "Mallrats." I've found there are basically two groups of Smith fans. Some think "Clerks" and "Chasing Amy" are the highlights, other think "Mallrats" is the best. I fall into the latter category. I think the movie is hilarious. It could have been that I saw it in college, and it always reminds me of that. But it's a movie that I can watch over and over again and still find it funny. Sure, it's a bit dumb and juvenile, but it's funny. I think what really makes it for me is Jason Lee, who has the best lines and parts of the film. It's just a weird, amusing movie.
Rating: R for strong language, including sexual dialogue, and for some scenes of sexuality and drug content.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Burial a courtroom drama with heart

Broncos Draft Targets

Favorite Westerns, No. 43