Super Memories


I have been a Broncos fan for as long as I can remember, but it's been a while since I've been able to watch them in the Super Bowl.

The first Super Bowl I really remember was in 1989 when the Broncos played the San Francisco 49ers. I was excited and I knew they would win. Of course, I was the only one. Instead, the 49ers scored 55 points and crushed the Broncos, handing John Elway his third loss in the big game. People began to wonder if he'd ever win.

Then Mike Shanahan arrived, and things changed. After losing the Jacksonville Jaguars in stunning fashion the year before, the Broncos bounced back and earned a berth in Super Bowl XXXII. They were facing the Green Bay Packers, and they were predicted to lose. Instead, magic happened.

I remember watching that game. I remember watching with my Dad. I remember the excitement, the tears, and the joy.

The following year, the Broncos did it again. They won the Super Bowl for the second year in a row and John Elway rode off into the sunset. It was a magical run, and I wondered if I'd ever see anything like that again.

It's been 15 years since that game, but this season has reminded me of that special feeling. And I can't wait, once again, to share this experience with my Dad this afternoon!

Go Broncos!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Burial a courtroom drama with heart

Broncos Draft Targets

Favorite Westerns, No. 43