A Trip to the North Pole


I have lived in Colorado for almost two and a half years, but there are still plenty of things I haven't done and seen. One of those is visiting the North Pole, which is located just about 10 miles west of the city into the mountains.

With Lindsay's family in town, including her niece and nephew, it was a good time to go and check it out. And what we found was more than I expected.

Nestled in the mountains, The North Pole is deceptively large. As we learned on one of the rides, it spans 27 acres. It's also a lot more jam-packed with fun than I had envisioned.

Prior to going, I figured you'd get to meet Santa, there would be some shops, and a couple rides. What it actually has is tons of rides, lots of shops, a chance to meet Santa, and a great atmosphere. As Lindsay said, it reminds one of what theme parks were like 50 years ago. And I gather that's intentional.

So it was a day where we got to meet Santa with the kids, play in the skee-ball gallery, and I got a turn on the tilt-a-whirl. We also got to appreciate some stunning views and get into the Christmas spirit a little early.

There are a lot of beautiful things in this area, and a lot of things I've yet to discover. Saturday was a reminder that we need to get out there and check it out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Burial a courtroom drama with heart

Broncos Draft Targets

Favorite Westerns, No. 43