Emmy Predictions


For me, in a lot of ways, the Emmy Awards are the least interesting to watch and the hardest to predict. That will probably be true this year, too, but here does some predictions anyway.

Outstanding Comedy Series
Nominees:
Louie
Modern Family
Parks and Recreation
Silicon Valley
Transparent
Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt
Veep
My Pick: I think VEEP is the best comedy on TV and takes this award.

Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series
Nominees:
Lily Tomlin, Grace and Frankie
Amy Schumer, Inside Amy Schumer
Edie Falco, Nurse Jackie
Amy Poehler, Parks and Recreation
Lisa Kudrow, The Comeback
Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Veep
My Pick: Amy Schumer is hot right now and Edie Falco is an Academy Favorite, but I think the award goes to Amy Poehler in the final season of Parks and Recreation.

Outstanding Lead Actor in a Comedy Series
Nominees:
Anthony Anderson, Black-ish
Matt LeBlanc, Episodes
Don Cheadle, House of Lies
Louis C.K., Louie
William H. Macy, Shameless
Will Forte, The Last Man on Earth
Jeffrey Tambor, Transparent
My Pick: It feels like this will go to Jeffrey Tambor for "Transparent." It's been that kind of year.

Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series
Nominees:
Niecy Nash, Getting On
Julie Bowen, Modern Family
Allison Janney, Mom
Kate McKinnon, Saturday Night Live
Mayim Bialik, The Big Bang Theory
Gaby Hoffman, Transparent
Jane Krakowski, Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt
Anna Chlumsky, Veep
My Pick: Weird things happen in this category. It's a dart throw, but I'm going for Anna Chlumsky, who is great in "VEEP."

Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy
Nominees:
Andre Braugher, Brooklyn Nine-Nine
Adam Driver, Girls
Keegan-Michael Key, Key & Peele
Ty Burrell, Modern Family
Titus Burgess, Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt
Tony Hale, Veep
My Pick: I think Titus Burgess gets the call here in recognizing "The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt."

Outstanding Drama Series
Nominees:
Better Call Saul
Downton Abbey
Game of Thrones
Homeland
House of Cards
Mad Men
Orange Is the New Black
My Pick: It's time for "Game of Thrones" to get the recognition it deserves.

Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series
Nominees:
Claire Danes, Homeland
Viola Davis, How to Get Away with Murder
Taraji P. Henson, Empire
Tatiana Maslany,Orphan Black
Elisabeth Moss, Mad Men
Robin Wright, House of Cards
My Pick: I think Taraji P. Henson gets the not here for the hottest show on TV, "Empire."

Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series
Nominees:
Kyle Chandler, Bloodline
Jeff Daniels, The Newsroom
Jon Hamm, Mad Men
Bob Odenkirk, Better Call Saul
Liev Schrieber, Ray Donovan
Kevin Spacey, House of Cards
My Pick: Call me crazy, but I think Jon Hamm gets the win for "Mad Men."

Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series
Nominees:
Joanne Froggatt, Downton Abbey
Lena Headey, Game of Thrones
Emilia Clarke, Game of Thrones
Christina Hendricks, Mad Men
Uzo Aduba, Orange Is the New Black
Christine Baranski, The Good Wife
My Pick: I think Lena Headey gets the win for an outstanding season of "Game of Thrones."

Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series
Nominees:
Jonathan Banks, Better Call Saul
Ben Mendelsohn, Bloodline
Jim Carter, Downton Abbey
Peter Dinklage, Game of Thrones
Michael Kelly, House of Cards
Alan Cumming, The Good Wife
My Pick: I go with Ben Mendelsohn for his great work in "Bloodline."

Outstanding Limited Series
Nominees:
American Crime
American Horror Story: Freak Show
The Honorable Woman
Olive Kitteridge
Wolf Hall
My Pick: It's a tough call here, but I go with "The Honorable Woman."

Outstanding Lead Actress in a Limited Series or Movie
Nominees:
Felicity Huffman, American Crime
Jessica Lange, American Horror Story: Freak Show
Queen Latifah, Bessie
Frances McDormand, Olive Kitteridge
Emma Thompson, Mrs. Lovett
Maggie Gyllenhaal, The Honorable Woman
My Pick: Maggie Gyllenhaal for her great work in "The Honorable Woman."

Outstanding Lead Actor in a Limited Series or a Movie
Nominees:
Timothy Hutton, American Crime
Ricky Gervais, Derek Special
Adrien Brody, Houdini
David Oyelowo, Nightingale
Richard Jenkins, Olive Kitteridge
Mark Rylance, Wolf Hall
My Pick: I'm going with Mark Rylance here for "Wolf Hall."

Outstanding Reality Show Competition
Nominees:
The Amazing Race
Dancing with the Stars
Project Runway
So You Think You Can Dance
Top Chef
The Voice
My Pick: A toss up category, but I'm going with "The Voice," the only music show that still draws ratings.

Outstanding Variety, Music, or Comedy Series
Nominees:
The Colbert Report
The Daily Show
Jimmy Kimmel Live!
Last Week Tonight with John Oliver
Late Show with David Letterman
The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon
My Pick: As much as I love Jon Stewart, the winner here has to be "Last Week Tonight with John Oliver."

Outstanding Variety Sketch Series
Nominees:
Drunk History
Inside Amy Schumer
Key & Peele
Portlandia
Saturday Night Live
My Pick: I think "Inside Amy Schumer" gets the nod.

Outstanding TV Movie
Nominees:
Agatha Christie’s Poirot — Curtain: Poirot’s Last Case
Bessie
Grace of Monaco
Hello Ladies: The Movie
Killing Jesus
Nightingale
My Pick: A bit of a wild card category, but I'm going with "Nightingale."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Burial a courtroom drama with heart

Broncos Draft Targets

Favorite Westerns, No. 43