Favorite Bronco Playoff Games


Today is the AFC title game. It's a big moment for the Broncos, and for fans. So I thought I'd celebrate with my five favorite Bronco playoff games of all time. These are only the ones I've seen, so no Drive on here...

No. 5 Broncos 29, Steelers 23 (January 8, 2012)
About: Tebow time, baby! The Broncos came in as an 8-8 division winner, hosting a favored Steelers team in a Wild Card game. What did they do, they won in dramatic fashion as Tebow connected with Demaryius Thomas on an 80-yard touchdown pass to open Overtime. Game. Set. Match. No one thought we'd win, but we did.

No. 4 Broncs 24, Steelers 21, AFC Title Game (January 11, 1998)
About: It was a road game this time, and Elway was so close to his first Super Bowl title he could taste it. The Broncos exploded for 17 points in the second quarter and made it hold up for the three-point win to get to the Super Bowl.

No. 3 Broncos 26, Patriots 16, AFC Title Game (January 20, 2013)
About: It was Peyton Manning's second season, and he got to face Tom Brady for the AFC Title game. The Broncos looked strong, Manning threw for 400 yards to cap a record-setting season, and the Broncos advanced to the Super Bowl. It was a near perfect day.

No. 2 Broncos 27, Patriots 13, AFC Divisional Game (January 14, 2006)
About: Tom Brady came in unbeaten in the playoffs. He left with the loss. The Broncos won behind Jake Plummer. But what I'll always remember is the incredible interception Champ Bailey made in the end zone and nearly returned for a touchdown. It is one of my all time favorite Bronco plays by one of my all time favorite players.

No. 1 Broncos 31, Green Bay Packers 24, Super Bowl XXXII (January 25, 1998)
About: This one's for John. Seeing Elway win a Super Bowl, and seeing him do it through sheer grit and will was incredible. This is my favorite game of all time with my favorite team of all time. I remember watching with my Dad and the feeling of seeing the Broncos finally win a title.

Let's hope today's game makes some great memories. Go Broncos!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Burial a courtroom drama with heart

Broncos Draft Targets

Favorite Westerns, No. 43