Top 25 Countdown - No. 11


Today the countdown continues with the last film before the Top 10. It's also one of my favorite action movies and, I contend, the best Christmas movie.

No. 11 - Die Hard (1988)
Starring: Bruce Willis, Alan Rickman, Bonnie Bedelia, and Reginald Vel Johnson
Director: John McTiernan
Quote: ""And when Alexander saw the breadth of his domain, he wept, for there were no more worlds to conquer." Benefits of a classical education." - Hans Gruber
About: I was in college when I saw "Die Hard" for the first time. It didn't take long for me to watch the second and third installment after that. But "Die Hard" remains the best of the bunch for me, and quickly became one of my all-time favorites. Willis is perfect in the lead role, and Rickman gives a great performance as Hans Gruber. It was such a shame when he passed away earlier this year. Many people thought of his work in "Harry Potter," but the first thing I thought of was his performance in "Die Hard." His delivery was great and he had hilarious lines. In fact, watching the film with my mom, Rickman made her crack up. The film has a great set up, good performances, and great action sequences. I also love that it's set at Christmas. That gives it an interesting flair. I love watching the film during that time of year, too. "Die Hard" isn't complicated, nor are the reasons it's on this list.
Rating: R for Strong Violence, Pervasive Language, Brief Nudity and Some Drug Use.

Top 25 Countdown:
12. Doubt (2008)
13. Way of the Gun (2000)
14. Heat (1995)
15. The Paper (1994)
16. Watchmen (2009)
17. LA Confidential (1997)
18. Serenity (2005)
19. Children of Men (2006)
20. Miller's Crossing (1990)
21. About Schmidt (2002)
22. Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back (1980)
23. The Matrix (1999)
24. Independence Day (1996)
25. The Shawshank Redemption (1994)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Burial a courtroom drama with heart

Broncos Draft Targets

Favorite Westerns, No. 43