Pre-Season Ranks, QBs


Training camps and pre-season are approaching. Now seems like a good time to make my first set of positional ranks. Over the course of the next week I'll be looking at each position, beginning with quarterback. It's almost fantasy drafting season.

Top 25 QBs for 2016:
1. Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay Packers
2. Cam Newton, Carolina Panthers
3. Russell Wilson, Seattle Seahawks
4. Andrew Luck, Indianapolis Colts
5. Drew Brees, New Orleans Saints
6. Ben Roethlisberger, Pittsburgh Steelers
7. Carson Palmer, Arizona Cardinals
8. Tom Brady, New England Patriots
9. Andy Dalton, Cincinnati Bengals
10. Eli Manning, New York Giants
11. Blake Bortles, Jacksonville Jaguars
12. Phillip Rivers, San Diego Chargers
13. Derek Carr, Oakland Raiders
14. Tony Romo, Dallas Cowboys
15. Matthew Stafford, Detroit Lions
16. Kirk Cousins, Washington Redskins
17. Tyrod Taylor, Buffalo Bills
18. Matt Ryan, Atlanta Falcons
19. Jameis Winston, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
20. Ryan Tannehill, Miami Dolphins
21. Jay Cutler, Chicago Bears
22. Marcus Mariota, Tennessee Titans
23. Robert Griffin, III, Cleveland Browns
24. Alex Smith, Kansas City Chiefs
25. Mark Sanchez, Denver Broncos

Highlights:
* At No. 3 I have Russell Wilson. Some have him higher, others lower. I see him as the most consistent fantasy quarterback. While not always flashy, he has a lower floor than others in the top 10.
* Andrew Luck struggled last season. I've seen some push him back to the lower levels of the top 10. But I choose to see it as an aberration. Last season he was a solid No. 2 fantasy selection. I think he returns to form in 2016.
* Tom Brady would be higher than eight if not for the four game suspension. Meanwhile some may wonder about Andy Dalton being in the top 10. He was solidly in that position last season before his injury, and I think he'll be in that range again. He also has a pretty safe floor.
* Fourteen seems low for Tony Romo, I get it. But he has struggled with injuries, and he's not getting any younger. He is a big risk, hence the lower rank.
* I get the arguments with Jay Cutler. He hardly seems like a lock to be in the top 20. He seems injury prone and turnover prone. But I expect big things from Alshon Jeffrey and Kevin White, and Zach Miller is solid. I could see Cutler sneaking into the top 20, which is why I have him just on the cusp.
* Mark Sanchez at 25. I get the arguments why it's too high. I think it could be too low. I think Sanchez could be a sneaky late round flyer to get into the top 20. Call me a homer, but I like Sanchez to be decent for Denver.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Burial a courtroom drama with heart

Broncos Draft Targets

Favorite Westerns, No. 43