2016 Broncos Season, Roster Projections


Another week of Pre-Season is in the books. One more game until the first roster cuts. Today I continue my roster projections. News is coming out that Mark Sanchez might not make the team. At this point, I'm saying he's still in. Let's see how I feel on Sunday.

QB: (3)
* Trevor Siemian
* Mark Sanchez
* Paxton Lynch
Sanchez is on a short rope.

RB: (3)
* CJ Anderson
* Devontae Booker
* Ronnie Hillman
I still think Denver keeps Hillman.

FB: (1)
* Andy Janovich
I like Juwan Thompson, but he hasn't been a factor in two games. This could be a place where the Broncos have to make a tough cut.

WR: (6)
* Demaryius Thomas
* Emmanuel Sanders
* Jordan Norwood
* Bennie Fowler
* Jordan Taylor
* Cody Latimer
I like Kalif Raymond, but he hasn't done enough as a returner or receiver. Norwood and/or Hillman could be the returner again, and Norwood looked good as a receiver. I also think the Broncos hang on to Latimer for at least one more year.

TE: (3)
* Virgil Green
* Jeff Heuerman
* John Phillips
A change here for me. Garrett Graham has been hurt, and Phillips looked solid. I think he could be the third tight end here.

OL: (8)
* Russell Okung
* Donald Stephenson
* Matt Paradis
* Ty Sambraillo
* Max Garcia
* Michael Schofield
* James Ferencz
* Darion Weems
This is another tough position group to figure. I like Connor McGovern, but the math just didn't work. Could be another reason Sanchez is on the bubble.

DL: (6)
* Adam Gotsis
* Derek Wolfe
* Jared Crick
* Darius Kilo
* Sylvester Williams
* Henry Melton
Sure, Melton just signed, but I think they keep him. This is a thin group, especially after Vance Walker was lost to injury.

LB: (9)
* Von Miller
* Brandon Marshall
* DeMarcus Ware
* Todd Davis
* Zaire Anderson
* Shane Ray
* Shaq Barrett
* Corey Nelson
* Dekoda Watson
Going another way here this week. I think Watson brings too much to the table to be left out.

DB: (9)
* Chris Harris, Jr.
* Aqib Talib
* Bradley Roby
* Darian Stewart
* TJ Ward
* Kayvon Webster
* Justin Simmons
* Will Parks
* Lorenzo Doss
Another brutal position group. They could easily keep 10 guys here. I think Keo goes because of the suspension. I think they go with a youth movement and hope to keep some others on the practice squad.

Special Teams: (3)
* Brandon McManus
* Riley Dixon
* Casey Kreiter
I still think Britton Colquitt goes here. His punting hasn't been better than Dixon, and he costs $4.1 million.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Burial a courtroom drama with heart

Broncos Draft Targets

Favorite Westerns, No. 43