Golden Globes Picks


Tonight the JV Awards are handed out at the Golden Globes. I love the ceremony and like to see who wins, but this is the kid brother compared to the Oscars. Yet, we might get a preview of where the Oscars could go. The ceremony begins tonight at 8 EST on NBC.

Best Picture, Drama:
* This is a tough category, but it probably comes down to two films — "Moonlight" and "Manchester by the Sea." Both have been indie darlings, and both are near locks for Best Picture nominations at the Oscars. I have a feeling this one goes to "Moonlight"

Best Picture, Musical/Comedy:
* Baring some unforeseen wave of support for one of these other films, the winner here is "La La Land." It was the best film I saw in 2016, and a pure delight.

Best Picture, Animated:
* There's plenty of options here, but I think it goes to "Moana," which has captured a lot of hearts this winter. Kind of surprised "Finding Dory" wasn't even nominated.

Best Actor, Drama:
* I think this one goes to Casey Affleck for his beautiful work in "Manchester by the Sea."

Best Actress, Drama:
* This is another loaded field, but I'm going with Amy Adams for "Arrival." She could have gotten it for "Nocturnal Animals," too. She had an incredible year.

Best Actor, Comedy/Musical:
* There's a lot of dark horses here, but I'm going with Ryan Gosling for "La La Land." He was just so great. Ryan Reynolds could be the sneaky upset here.

Best Actress, Comedy/Musical:
* It's gotta be Emma Stone for "La La Land." She's a front-runner for the Academy Awards, too.

Best Supporting Actor:
* Several strong options here, but I'm going with Mahershala Ali for "Moonlight."

Best Supporting Actress:
* I'm going with Viola Davis for her fantastic work in "Fences."

Best Director:
* I would love to see Damien Chazelle honored for "La La Land," but I think they go with Kenneth Lonergan for "Manchester by the Sea."

Best Screenplay:
* Lot of choices here, but I think they go Barry Jenkins for "Moonlight."

Best Original Score:
* My pick is Justin Hurwitz for "La La Land." It was so great.

Best Original Song:
* "City of Stars" from "La La Land" has to be the winner here.

Best TV Series, Drama:
* This should be "Game of Thrones." But the Hollywood Foreign Press always go unique in TV awards, so I think the schmaltz "This is Us" will get the nod. God help us all.

Best TV Series, Comedy:
* Tough to figure this category, but I'm going out on a limb and saying they vote for "Atlanta."

Best TV Mini-Series or Movie:
* This should be "The People vs. OJ Simpson: American Crime Story." I think it will be.

Best Actor, TV Comedy:
* I'm going out on a limb and saying they give it to Nick Nolte for the obscure show "Graves."

Best Actress, TV Comedy:
* A lot of options here, but I'm going with Issa Rae for "Insecure." This award almost always goes to a newbie.

Best Actor, TV Drama:
* I'm going to say Matthew Rhys finally gets his due for "The Americans."

Best Actress, TV Drama:
* So many worthy options here, but I'm going to say this goes to Claire Foy for "The Crown."

Best Actor, TV Mini-Series/Movie:
* I'm going with Riz Ahmed for 'The Night Of."

Best Actress, TV Mini-Series/Movie:
* It's been Sarah Paulson's year, why stop now?

Best Supporting Actor, TV:
* A lot of interesting choices here, but I'm going with John Lithgow for "The Crown."

Best Supporting Actress, TV:
* I think they remember "Game of Thrones" is the best show on TV and give it to Lena Headey.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Burial a courtroom drama with heart

Broncos Draft Targets

Favorite Westerns, No. 43