NFL Over/Unders, AFC


We're still about six weeks from the start of Training Camp, but it's never too early to look ahead to the new NFL Season. Yesterday I looked at the Over/Unders for the NFC squads. Today, it's time for the AFC.

AFC East:
Buffalo Bills: 2017 Over/Under 6 Wins; 2016 Win Total: 7
About: The Bills didn't do a ton to help themselves this off-season, and they weren't an incredible team last year. Rex Ryan is gone, and the Bills hope it's addition by subtraction. I'm not sold. Six is a modest win total, though, so I'm going to push. I think that's about right.

Miam Dolphins: 2017 Over/Under 7.5 Wins; 2016 Win Total: 10
About: The Dolphins were a surprise playoff team last season, but they're getting little respect. A 7.5 Over/Under feels low. They could regress a couple games and beat that, so I'm going over.

New England Patriots: 2017 Over/Under 12.5 Wins; 2016 Win Total: 14
About: The Patriots are the defending champions and actually got better. This is an easy OVER.

New York Jets: 2017 Over/Under 5 Wins; 2016 Win Total: 5
About: The Jets have an awful roster and appear to be tanking. I'll take the under.

AFC North:
Baltimore Ravens: 2017 Over/Under 9; 2016 Win Total: 8
About: The Ravens are always competitive, and they have tried to improve. But the division is tough. I'm going to push here because 9-7 seems about right.

Cleveland Browns: 2017 Over/Under 4.5 Wins; 2016 Win Total: 1
About: A 4.5 Over/Under isn't great, but this team won only a single game in 2016. They'll be better, but I'm still taking the under.

Cincinnati Bengals: 2017 Over/Under 8.5 Wins; 2016 Win Total: 6
About: The Bengals stumbled last season, but previously had been one of the league's most reliable teams. Still, 8.5 is ambitious. I'm going slightly under. I think 8-8 or 7-9 is more likely.

Pittsburgh Steelers: 2017 Over/Under 10.5 Wins; 2016 Win Total: 11
About: I'm taking the over here, as the Steelers are my Super Bowl pick.

AFC South:
Houston Texans: 2017 Over/Under 8.5 Wins; 2016 Win Total: 9
About: The Texans have a ton of talent, but no quarterback. It's held them back for years, and I don't think Deshaun Watson is the answer. I'll take the under, slightly.

Indianapolis Colts: 2017 Over/Under 9 Wins; 2016 Win Total: 8
About: The Colts have had a couple off years, but they were in the AFC Championship Game just two seasons ago. The core of that powerful offense is still there. I'll take the over.

Jacksonville Jaguars: 2017 Over/Under 6 Wins; 2016 Win Total: 3
About: I think the Jaguars have been steadily improving their roster, and one of these days it's going to pay off on the field. I think they take a step this year, so I'm taking a slight over here.

Tennessee Titans: 2017 Over/Under 8.5 Wins; 2016 Win Total: 9
About: The Titans nearly won the division last season, and would have were it not for the injury to Mariota. 8.5 is an ambitious total, but I'll take the slight over.

AFC West:
Denver Broncos: 2017 Over/Under 8.5 Wins; 2016 Win Total: 9
About: The Broncos, a year removed from winning the Super Bowl, just missed the playoffs last season. They have talent, and I think they can be in the hunt. I'm taking the slight over again.

Kansas City Chiefs: 2017 Over/Under 9 Wins; 2016 Win Total: 12
About: The Chiefs won the division last year, but I'm not sure they helped themselves this off-season. I'm actually taking the under here. I think they fall off.

Los Angeles Chargers: 2017 Over/Under 7.5 Wins; 2016 Win Total: 5
About: A new coach, but not much else for the Chargers, who are also playing in a tiny soccer stadium in Los Angeles. No thanks. I'll take the under.

Oakland Raiders: 2017 Over/Under 10 Wins; 2016 Win Total: 12
About: The Raiders had their first winning season in over a decade last season. I think they keep it going this year. I will take the slight over.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Burial a courtroom drama with heart

Broncos Draft Targets

Favorite Westerns, No. 43