NFL Over/Unders, NFC


Mini-camps are wrapping up and Training Camps open in a month. That means it's time to start looking in earnest at the 2017 season. Today, I'll look at the over/under for each team in 2017. Today I look at the NFC.

NFC East:
Dallas Cowboys: 2017 Over/Under 9.5 Wins; 2016 Win Total: 13
About: To pick the over, you'd have to believe the Cowboys were going to have 10 or more wins. That's plausible considering they were the best in the NFC a year ago, and still have Dak Prescott, Ezekiel Elliot and Dez Bryant. But I'm going under here. I think they regress (and that could be 9-7 and still be right).

New York Giants: 2017 Over/Under 9.0 Wins; 2016 Win Total: 11
About: This one's tougher because it's a whole number. The Giants could be 9-7 and still make the playoffs. But I'm going over here. I think they can win 10 games, and I think they win the East this season. After all, Dallas doesn't scare them. (They were 2-0 versus the Cowboys in 2016).

Philadelphia Eagles: 2017 Over/Under 8.0 Wins; 2016 Win Total: 7
About: Another tough one. The Eagles were 7-9 last season and arguably have more talent. Another whole figure here, so I'm going to push. I think 8-8 is a good projection for the Eagles.

Washington Redskins: 2017 Over/Under 7.5 Wins; 2016 Win Total: 8
About: Another tough call here. The over means at least eight wins, which they had last season. The under means no better than 7-9. I'm going with the under here. I don't think the Redskins have enough to be a playoff contender.

NFC North:
Chicago Bears: 2017 Over/Under 5.5 Wins; 2016 Win Total: 3
About: The Bears were a bottom-feeding team in 2016, and I suspect more of the same in 2017. Mike Glennon and Mitch Trubisky don't do it for me. An over pick here means at least 6-10. I don't buy it. I'm going with the under.

Detroit Lions: 2017 Over/Under 8.0 Wins; 2016 Win Total: 9
About: The Lions were a surprise playoff team in 2016, recording nine wins and making the field despite slumping to end the season. I think another middling season from 7-9 to 10-6 is possible. An over here means projecting nine wins. And under means projecting seven wins. I'm going to go out on a limb and take the over. I think Lions team can repeat last season.

Green Bay Packers: 2017 Over/Under 10.0 Wins; 2016 Win Total: 10
About: The Packers are a fairly predictable team under Aaron Rodgers, and they never stray far from the 10 win mark. That was their total in 2016, and their Over/Under projection this year. I will take the over and say they get to 11-5.

Minnesota Vikings: 2017 Over/Under 8.5 Wins; 2016 Win Total: 8
About: The Vikings, after making the playoffs the previous year, stumbled in 2016. They finished 8-8 and out of the playoffs. The Over/Under suggests a similar type season. The over means at least 9-7, the under means 8-8 or worse. I'm not a Sam Bradford believer, so give me the under.

NFC South:
Atlanta Falcons: 2017 Over/Under 9.5 Wins; 2016 Win Total: 11
About: The Falcons are the defending NFC Champions, but they have a modest Over/Under for 2017. An over pick means at least 10-6 and under means 9-7 or worse. I will take the over.

Carolina Panthers: 2017 Over/Under 8.5 Wins; 2016 Win Total: 6
About: The Panthers fell off big time last season, losing nine more games than the previous season. I think they bounce back in 2017. I like them for at least nine wins and being in the playoff hunt, so I'm taking the over.

New Orleans Saints: 2017 Over/Under 8.0 Wins; 2016 Win Total: 7
About: The Saints feel like a mediocre team to me. They've not been good enough to compete nor bad enough to get to re-building. I think that continues in 2017. I'm going with the under here.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers: 2017 Over/Under 8.5 Wins; 2016 Win Total: 9
About: The Buccaneers are a hot team on paper, and nearly made the playoffs in 2016. I think they'll regress some this year, as I'm not sold on their progress. Plus I think Carolina will be better. So I'm taking the under here.

NFC West:
Arizona Cardinals: 2017 Over/Under 8.0 Wins; 2016 Win Total: 7
About: The Cardinals were one of the major disappointments in 2016. Their 8.0 projection on Over/Under suggests people don't believe they'll be a big bounce back team. I'm tempted to push here, but I'll go over. I think this team can and should get to nine wins.

Los Angeles Rams: 2017 Over/Under 5.5 Wins; 2016 Win Total: 4
About: The Rams were an awful team in their first season in Los Angeles, and I don't see them being that much better in 2017. Their Over/Under is modest, but I'll take the under.

San Francisco 49ers: 2017 Over/Under 4.5 Wins; 2016 Win Total: 2
About: The 49ers brought in a better coach in Kyle Shanahan, but their roster is still garbage. They have a relatively small Over/Under, but I'm still taking the under. This team could be 4-12 and count it an improvement.

Seattle Seahawks: 2017 Over/Under 10.5 Wins; 2016 Win Total: 10
About: The Seahawks aren't as good as they once were, but neither is their division. Still, they have the highest Over/Under projection in the NFC. I'm not sure I buy it. I will take the under here because I think they'll be 10-6 and still win the division.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Burial a courtroom drama with heart

Broncos Draft Targets

Favorite Westerns, No. 43