Catching up with Streaming Rookies


Quite often I review the first two of new streaming series, and mean to go back. Sometimes it doesn't happen. But I thought I would check in on a couple of series I've finished to follow up.

The Bodyguard, Streaming on Netflix
Episodes:
6
About: This show, starring Richard Madden of "Game of Thrones," this one comes from England and focuses on an Army veteran with PTSD and a crumbling marriage who is assigned to lead the protection detail for the Home Secretary. Things don't go as planned and soon he's drawn into a deeper conspiracy. This was a show that went in a direction different from what I expected, and I ended up enjoying it quite a bit. There is talk of a second season, and I could see that being something interesting, too, based on where this one ended. Madden was good in the lead role and the episodes were compelling. Six felt like a good length, too.

The Haunting of Hill House, Streaming on Netflix
Episodes:
10
About: This one came out ahead of Halloween, and was a series-long take on the classic horror story. This has a great cast, and a fascinating story. I liked how it was put together, and that it was more of a long form character study. This is a show that has a lot more depth than some might have figured, and I really liked how it was put together.

The Kominsky Method, Streaming on Netflix
Episodes:
8
About: This comedy comes from Chuck Lorre, but if you're expecting "The Big Bang Theory," think again. This is a show about a couple old friends played by Michael Douglas and Alan Arkin, and it's beautiful. I really enjoyed the story, the comedy, and the drama. It's just eight episodes, all around 22-25 minutes, so it's a really quick binge watch. And it's a good one, too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Burial a courtroom drama with heart

Broncos Draft Targets

Favorite Westerns, No. 43