Best of TV, So Far



We're approaching the Fall, and for movies that means you will likely see some of the best movies of the year coming in the next four months. But TV is a little different. With two thirds of the year gone, it's likely we've seen most of the contenders for best season. But we'll see what the Fall holds. For now, here's a list of the five seasons at the top of the heap for me so far in 2019.

5. Fleabag, S2 (Amazon Prime)
About:
This comedy from Phoebe Waller-Bridge was long-awaited. Initially I didn't finish the first season, but the positive buzz and things I read made me take a second look. So I breezed through Season One and right into Season Two, and I'm glad I did. As a leading lady, Waller-Bridge is great and compelling. And there was a lot in this second season that made me laugh, think and, at times, tear up. That's powerful.

4. Chernobyl (HBO)
About:
This mini-series takes viewers through the tragedy at the nuclear power plant in 1986. Some great performances here, particularly from Jared Harris. This was the most successful of HBO's expansion to original programming Mondays, and one of the most compelling of the year so far.

3. Game of Thrones, S8 (HBO)
About:
The epic series ended this Spring, and some were unhappy. While I didn't think the season reached the heights of some previous years, it was still quite good. And I'll be excited to see how it does during the Emmy Award competition in September.

2. Bosch, S5 (Amazon Prime)
About:
One of my consistently favorite series, "Bosch" was as good as expected in this fifth season. Titus Welliver is great in the lead role, too. Amazon has quietly become one of my favorite network sites, and we still have a few more coming this year that could make the Top 10.

1. Stranger Things 3 (Netflix)
About
: We had to wait more than a year, but this proved to be worth the wait. Released on the Fourth of July, this was a summer treat. I loved the action and the story, with some great performances. The finale was one of my favorite episodes of the year.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Burial a courtroom drama with heart

Broncos Draft Targets

Favorite Westerns, No. 43