Best Picture Nominees: Ford v Ferrari


The Academy Awards take place Sunday, February 9. In the run up to that presentation, I'll be previewing each of the nine Best Picture Nominees.

Ford v Ferrari
Starring:
Christian Bale, Matt Damon, Jon Bernthal, and Caitriona Balfe
Director: James Mangold
Total Nominations: 4
Nominated For: Best Picture, Best Editing, Best Sound Editing, Best Sound Mixing
About: Some were surprised this was a part of the Best Picture group. I was a little surprised, too, but not for the same reasons. There are other films I liked that didn't make the final cut, but I think "Ford v Ferrari" was an under-rated gem. It was one of my favorite films of the year, and a fun movie to watch. That's largely a credit to Damon and Bale, who are great in the lead roles. Mangold does a nice job putting it all together, too. That being said, this film is a long-shot for Best Picture. I would be surprised if it won the top award. It also wouldn't be a big surprise if the film went home with no awards. The nominations here are probably a big win. However, if it is going to win, I think it's best chance comes in the sound categories. There are a lot of sounds to mix here, and this film does it well. I could see it pulling out a win in the sound competition.
Rating:  PG-13 for some language and peril.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Burial a courtroom drama with heart

Broncos Draft Targets

Favorite Westerns, No. 43