2020 Broncos' Season, Offensive Free Agents


NFL Free Agency begins in about a month, but before that, it's time to preview a bit of what the Broncos are facing and what could happen when the free agency period begins. Today I'm looking at the offensive free agents from the Broncos.

Team Option:
Kicker, Brandon McManus
Guard, Ron Leary

Exclusive Rights Free Agent:
Wide Receiver, Diontae Spencer
Tackle, Jake Rodgers

Restricted Free Agents:
Right Tackle, Elijah Wilkinson
Quarterback, Brandon Allen
Wide Receiver, Tim Patrick

Unrestricted Free Agents:
Running Back, Theo Riddick
Running Back, Devontae Booker
Center, Connor McGovern
Long Snapper, Casey Kreiter

Who Won't Be Back:
I think there are a few easy targets on this list. I think the Broncos will let Leary go. He's got a big price tag, is an aging veteran and hasn't really been a good fit the past two years. That's a place to save cash, and I think the Broncos will. I also think that Riddick and Booker will be allowed to walk. Riddick was a swing at the end of free agency that didn't pan out, while Booker has seen his role diminish the past few years. I think Booker needs a new start, and Riddick is likely to move on as the Broncos re-consider that role.

Who Will Be Back:
This is a bit tougher, but I think the Broncos will pick up the option on McManus. He's been solid and dependable, and he's well liked on the team. I also think the Broncos are likely to retain Spencer and Rodgers, and can do so easily. The big name on that list is McGovern, who was great as the Broncos' starting center. I think they will work hard to bring him back, and I think they will. I think Patrick will also be back. He's an RFA, and has been a good fit with the Broncos. He's probably not THE answer at WR2, but he's a great depth player.

Could Go Either Way:
I think that's the case for both RFAs. Allen was fine as a backup, and could come back at the right price. I think Wilkinson, too, was a decent swing tackle and could well be back. It's tougher with Kreiter, who I like. I lean toward the Broncos bringing him back, but I think it depends on his interest from other clubs and the price.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Burial a courtroom drama with heart

Broncos Draft Targets

Favorite Westerns, No. 43