Favorite Broncos, No. 28



I miss football, and sports in general. I'm guessing you do, too. And in the place of actual games, we've been seeing a lot of countdowns of classic games, players, etc. And that got me thinking about my own favorite team, the Denver Broncos. I have loved the Denver Broncos since I was a little kid, more than 30 years of fandom. I started watching them in the late 1980s, and have been faithful ever since. So I thought it might be fun to take a little walk down memory lane and consider my favorite players from those teams. So this is just a personal list, that will be presented in reverse order starting at number 30. Agree, disagree, have your own stories? Share them in the comments.

No. 28 Justin Simmons (2016-)
About:
And now we're starting to get some current players, many of which will be in the next five or so picks. Simmons was a third round pick in 2016, and a player we hoped would be a contributor as fans. What we've gotten is so much more. Simmons started making an impact as a rookie, and for the past three years he's been a rock in the starting lineup. In his four years he's produced 11 interceptions, including four last season, 28 passes defensed and added 289 tackles. Simmons has developed into one of the best safeties in football, and the heart and soul of the Broncos' defensive secondary. I love having a great safety, and Denver has had a few I've loved that are on that list. I was thrilled that the team franchise tagged Simmons, and I hope he's with the Broncos for many years to come. And it's not just on defense where Simmons has made his presence felt. He's had a number of big Special Teams plays, and just brings an intensity and electricity to the team. As the Broncos have been more of a strength on defense team the past five seasons, Simmons has come in and been a big part of that success. I love seeing him play and knowing that he's back there and protecting the back end for the Broncos.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Burial a courtroom drama with heart

Broncos Draft Targets

Favorite Westerns, No. 43