2020 Rookie Rankings, Wide Receivers



The 2020 Draft is in the books, and in the wake of the draft it's time to look at where these rookies sit as we prepare for dynasty drafts. Over the next few weeks I'll be looking at my post-draft rookie rankings by position. Today I continue with wide receivers.

This is the biggest group of rookies I ranked, going with a Top 20 here. It's also the group I've probably adjusted the most in the days and weeks since the draft. I love CeeDee Lamb, and he was my top guy at the position pre-draft. Then his landing spot caused me some concern, but in the time since I've talked myself back into him being the best here, and possibly, in the entire class. In fact, I've since taken him at 1.01 in a league.

This is also a deep group. It's possible more than a dozen of these guys will have an impact on fantasy rosters and teams, albeit not all in 2020. But, still, I like this class and the value a lot. So here's my Top 20.

1. CeeDee Lamb, Dallas Cowboys: Lamb is a physical freak who I think will be great at the next level. Dallas has Amari Cooper and Michael Gallup, but Randall Cobb produced 55-828-3 last year, and Lamb could easily do better. I think he's still the top guy.

2. Jerry Jeudy, Denver Broncos: Jeudy is preferred by some (including the Broncos), and is a strong route runner. It's a good talent in a good location, and I won't quibble if you have him No. 1. I did for a while post-draft, too.

3. Jalen Reagor, Philadelphia Eagles: Another match of great talent and a good landing spot. The Eagles have Carson Wentz and desperately need pass catchers, and Reagor ought to fill that void nicely.

4. Justin Jefferson, Minnesota Vikings: Stefon Diggs is gone, so it makes sense the Vikings would grabe a receiver. Jefferson is best in the slot, making him a less than ideal fit with Adam Thielen, but I think Jefferson will do big things.

5. Michael Pittman, Jr., Indianapolis Colts: Pittman was a big riser for me. I love the landing spot with the Colts, and I think he will thrive.

6. Tee Higgins, Cincinnati Bengals: This is another good player and possibly good spot, but likely not in 2020. A.J. Green, Tyler Boyd and John Ross are still there, but Higgins is likely the future with Joe Burrow.

7. Denzel Mims, New York Jets: Mims had to wait longer to hear his name called, but he ends up with Sam Darnold and the receiver-starved Jets. It's a great place to fall.

8. Henry Ruggs III, Las Vegas Raiders: I wasn't as high on him coming into the draft, but Ruggs lands in a good spot and I could see him becoming a featured weapon for the Raiders.

9. Brandon Aiyuk, San Francisco 49ers: Aiyuk has a great path to impact, and that's what you're looking for in addition to talent. The 49ers moved up to grab him, which is encouraging.

10. Bryan Edwards, Las Vegas Raiders: This is more of a future pick, as Edwards likely won't break big in 2020. But he is talented and seems like a big piece of the future moving forward.

11. Laviska Shenault, Jacksonville Jaguars: Shenault came with some injury concerns, and it could end up not working out, but I like the potential and the spot. Beyond last year's breakout D.J. Chark, there is space for someone to ball out.

12. Tyler Johnson, Tampa Bay Buccaneers: He was a late faller, but Johnson ended up in a prime spot. I think he easily gets the No. 3 spot in what figures to be a good offense.

13. K.J. Hamler, Denver Broncos: The re-made receiving corps will be led by Courtland Sutton and Jeudy, but Hamler is a burner who has a chance to slip into the No. 3 role here.

14. Antonio Gandy-Golden, Washington Redskins: I have questions about Dwayne Haskins, but there is plenty of opportunity.

15. Lynn Bowden, Las Vegas Raiders: A gadget player going to a spot with a coach that will figure out how to use him.

16. Devin Duvernay, Baltimore Ravens: It's not a high-volume pass offense, and it's unclear where Duvernay sits in the pecking order.

17. Van Jefferson, Los Angeles Rams: The Rams let Brandin Cooks go and Josh Reynolds doesn't seem like a lock, so there's potential upside here.

18. Chase Claypool, Pittsburgh Steelers: This could be good, but Claypool also might end up a tight end. This one comes with risk.

19. K.J. Hill, Los Angeles Chargers: Speaking of risk, this was a seventh round pick. BUT, Hill was prolific for Ohio State and the Chargers' depth chart is vacuous behind Keenan Allen and Mike Williams.

20. Colin Johnson, Jacksonville Jaguars: The Jaguars' other receiver pick, this could end up having no value or sneaky value. But when you're late in drafts, why not?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Burial a courtroom drama with heart

Broncos Draft Targets

Favorite Westerns, No. 43