Best of the Decade, No. 12



Over the next 25 weeks I'll be rolling out my favorite films of the last decade. This is, as all lists of this kind, personal selections. Agree, disagree, make a comment and share your thoughts!

No. 12 Knives Out (2019)
Starring:
Chris Evans, Daniel Craig, Michael Shannon, Jamie Lee Curtis, Don Johnson, Toni Collette, LaKeith Stanfield, and Ana de Armas
Director: Rian Johnson
Academy Award Nominations: 1
Academy Award Wins: 0
About: This list continues with one of the newest films on this list, and my favorite from last year. This was atop my list for a variety of reasons, but most of it has to do with the excellent writing and directing from Johnson. He will make another appearance on this list, and he's a fascinating filmmaker. This was a movie that I really enjoyed, A LOT. I saw it a few times in the theater and purchased it when it became available. This whodunit is a lot of fun, and very clever. Just when you think you've figured it out comes another twist. There is a good blend of humor and drama here, and a lot of colorful characters. It felt fresh and original, and it was one of the best times I had last year, and I think this is the kind of film that will endure for years. Sometimes there can be a risk of recency bias in these lists, but I think this is a film that deserves to be remembered, and deserves to be on this list. If you haven't seen it, this is the perfect film to dive into during this time of limited viewing options.
Rating: PG-13 for thematic elements including brief violence, some strong language, sexual references, and drug material.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Burial a courtroom drama with heart

Broncos Draft Targets

Favorite Westerns, No. 43