Favorite Broncos, No. 24



I miss football, and sports in general. I'm guessing you do, too. And in the place of actual games, we've been seeing a lot of countdowns of classic games, players, etc. And that got me thinking about my own favorite team, the Denver Broncos. I have loved the Denver Broncos since I was a little kid, more than 30 years of fandom. I started watching them in the late 1980s, and have been faithful ever since. So I thought it might be fun to take a little walk down memory lane and consider my favorite players from those teams. So this is just a personal list, that will be presented in reverse order starting at number 30. Agree, disagree, have your own stories? Share them in the comments.

No. 24 John Lynch (2004-2007)
About:
As the list continues, I'm looking at a guy that wasn't drafted by the Broncos but came and made an impact. Lynch was already an established NFL star when he arrived in Denver. At that point he'd already played 11 years in Tampa Bay, making five Pro Bowls and amassing 23 INTs, seven forced fumbles, eight fumble recoveries, six sacks and 788 tackles. So his signing was huge for the Broncos, and he was part of some of the final successful teams for the Broncos under then-coach Mike Shanahan. And paired with Champ Bailey, it was a pretty awesome secondary. Lynch played four years for the Broncos, and was a Pro Bowl player each year. He was also an incredible leader on and off the field for the team. While Lynch only added three interceptions during his four years with Denver, two of those coming in 2005, he added nine forced fumbles, seven fumble recoveries and seven sacks. He filled a huge hole for Denver and improved the team, which went 13-3 in 2005, handed Tom Brady his first playoff loss and made it all the way to the AFC Championship Game behind QB Jake Plummer. Lynch was a force, and a fun player to watch. He's one of five Denver Broncos jerseys I own, and I still love to see it and root for him as a GM, even though he's working for the 49ers. He might not have had the longest or most distinguished Broncos' career, but for me he is a player I always will remember fondly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Burial a courtroom drama with heart

Broncos Draft Targets

Favorite Westerns, No. 43