Favorite Broncos, No. 25



I miss football, and sports in general. I'm guessing you do, too. And in the place of actual games, we've been seeing a lot of countdowns of classic games, players, etc. And that got me thinking about my own favorite team, the Denver Broncos. I have loved the Denver Broncos since I was a little kid, more than 30 years of fandom. I started watching them in the late 1980s, and have been faithful ever since. So I thought it might be fun to take a little walk down memory lane and consider my favorite players from those teams. So this is just a personal list, that will be presented in reverse order starting at number 30. Agree, disagree, have your own stories? Share them in the comments.

No. 25 Phillip Lindsay (2018-)
About:
I have always loved to root for the underdog, and in the NFL that doesn't get much bigger than being an undrafted player. The Broncos have had a knack for finding undrafted players, letting them get a chance, and watching them shine. Lindsay isn't the only UFA on this list, but he's fast becoming one of my favorites. He's a local kid, having played in high school in Colorado then starring for the University of Colorado before being signed by the Broncos. And it didn't take long for him to earn a place in my heart as I watched him on the field. He was exciting in the pre-season, earning his spot on the squad. And soon he showed he was a better bet for production than Devontae Booker and Royce Freeman, both of whom were drafted decently high when they came out. And I know he's going to do the same thing to free agent signee Melvin Gordon, who will never, ever, ever be on this list. Lindsay ran for 1,037 yards and nine TDs in 2018 and followed that up with 1,011 more yards and seven more TDs in 2019, despite a woeful offense from the Broncos. He plays with heart and fire, and he brings that to the field. I hope this is a beginning of a long run where he does another No. 30 for the Broncos who is on this list proud.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Burial a courtroom drama with heart

Broncos Draft Targets

Favorite Westerns, No. 43