Favorite Broncos, No. 19




I miss football, and sports in general. I'm guessing you do, too. And in the place of actual games, we've been seeing a lot of countdowns of classic games, players, etc. And that got me thinking about my own favorite team, the Denver Broncos. I have loved the Denver Broncos since I was a little kid, more than 30 years of fandom. I started watching them in the late 1980s, and have been faithful ever since. So I thought it might be fun to take a little walk down memory lane and consider my favorite players from those teams. So this is just a personal list, that will be presented in reverse order starting at number 30. Agree, disagree, have your own stories? Share them in the comments.

No. 19 Brandon Marshall (2006-2009)
About:
Marshall only played four seasons for the Broncos before playing for the Dolphins, Bears, Jets, Giants and Seahawks. But after his first four years in Denver, I followed him everywhere. He remained a player I rooted for, and often owned in Fantasy Football, for the rest of his career. I think he was a special player, and were it not for a coaching regime that destroyed and dismantled a promising young offense, I think he would have been a star for the Broncos for many years. I enjoyed watching him play with Jay Cutler, both in Denver and later in Chicago. In four years for Denver he caught 327 passes for 4,018 yards and 25 TDs. That included three straight 100-reception seasons. Marshall was a beast on the field and a lot of fun to watch. He had great talent and personality, which is what endeared him to me as a Bronco and was part of why I continued to root for him the rest of his career, which lasted nine more years. Some might not agree, but he's on the list for me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Burial a courtroom drama with heart

Broncos Draft Targets

Favorite Westerns, No. 43