Favorite Broncos, No. 20



I miss football, and sports in general. I'm guessing you do, too. And in the place of actual games, we've been seeing a lot of countdowns of classic games, players, etc. And that got me thinking about my own favorite team, the Denver Broncos. I have loved the Denver Broncos since I was a little kid, more than 30 years of fandom. I started watching them in the late 1980s, and have been faithful ever since. So I thought it might be fun to take a little walk down memory lane and consider my favorite players from those teams. So this is just a personal list, that will be presented in reverse order starting at number 30. Agree, disagree, have your own stories? Share them in the comments.

No. 20 Derek Wolfe (2012-2019)
About:
As I continue my countdown, we get to Derek Wolfe. Wolfe is a modern player who has, thus far, played his entire career with Denver. Sadly this off-season he moved to the Ravens, so seeing him in purple and black will hurt. But for eight seasons he's been a force on the defensive line for the Broncos. He's racked up 299 tackles and 33 sacks during that time and been a force on defense for the last few years. Part of what helped him stand out to me was his leadership on the field, and his sense of personality. He's been an anchor in the trenches, and last year had one of his best seasons. I was bummed that he moved on, but I know he'll have success wherever he goes and he'll be missed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Burial a courtroom drama with heart

Broncos Draft Targets

Favorite Westerns, No. 43