Favorite Broncos, No. 21



I miss football, and sports in general. I'm guessing you do, too. And in the place of actual games, we've been seeing a lot of countdowns of classic games, players, etc. And that got me thinking about my own favorite team, the Denver Broncos. I have loved the Denver Broncos since I was a little kid, more than 30 years of fandom. I started watching them in the late 1980s, and have been faithful ever since. So I thought it might be fun to take a little walk down memory lane and consider my favorite players from those teams. So this is just a personal list, that will be presented in reverse order starting at number 30. Agree, disagree, have your own stories? Share them in the comments.

No. 21 Ryan Clady (2008-2014)
About:
And here we have a left tackle on the list. Left Tackle is arguably one of the most important positions, and for seven seasons Clady was a rock on that side for the Denver Broncos. In that time he made the Pro Bowl four times and was a First Team All Pro twice. He was a fun player to watch, and an anchor on the line during some fallow seasons. He was injured in 2013, limited to just two games that season. But in his other six years with Denver, including his first five seasons, he was a 16-game starter, which is a rare and valuable thing. I loved watching Clady Play, and I loved seeing him anchor the left side of the line. Like many in that era, I think he's under rated, and I was bummed he never got to be part of the team's Super Bowl success, leaving the off-season before the title run. He finished up with the Jets and then retired, but I'll always remember him fondly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Burial a courtroom drama with heart

Broncos Draft Targets

Favorite Westerns, No. 43