Best of the Decade, No. 3



Over the next 25 weeks I'll be rolling out my favorite films of the last decade. This is, as all lists of this kind, personal selections. Agree, disagree, make a comment and share your thoughts!

No. 3 Won't Be My Neighbor (2018)
Director:
Morgan Neville
Academy Award Nominations: 0
Academy Award Wins: 0
About: Every once in a while a movie comes along that just sticks with you and inspires you. For me, two years ago, it was "Won't You Be My Neighbor?," the excellent documentary about Fred Rogers. I remembered the show from my youth, which is what made me curious. But what I got with this was so much more of a rich emotional experience. This was by far my favorite film the year it was released and easily moved into the Top 3 for the decade. It's a crime that it wasn't considered for Best Picture, but even less understandable is that it wasn't even nominated for Best Documentary the year it was released, which feels inconceivable. This was the story we needed for this era and a beautiful tribute to a man with a servant's heart. He was a kind soul with a great heart and that all comes through in the documentary and the beautiful interviews with those who worked alongside him. I love this movie and I think this is well worth a watch. It's the kind of rich, emotional story that we all need, even moreso in 2020.
Rating: PG-13 for some thematic elements and language.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Burial a courtroom drama with heart

Broncos Draft Targets

Favorite Westerns, No. 43