Best of the Decade, No. 4



Over the next 25 weeks I'll be rolling out my favorite films of the last decade. This is, as all lists of this kind, personal selections. Agree, disagree, make a comment and share your thoughts!

No. 4 Silver Linings Playbook (2012)
Starring:
Jennifer Lawrence, Bradley Cooper, Robert de Niro, Chris Tucker, and Jacki Weaver
Director: David O. Russell
Academy Award Nominations: 8
Academy Award Wins: 1 (Best Actress (Lawrence)
About: This was a movie that I just fell in love with. After seeing it, I quickly got the novel from Matthew Quick and read that as well. Cooper was great in this movie, and so was the rest of the cast. Lawrence was incredible, too, and got the Academy Award she deserved. Russell did a great job putting together this film, which was a fascinating blend of drama and comedy. It was quirky, but it worked for me and is one that I continue to adore, which is why it made it to this list. I was pulling hard for it to win Best Picture, but it didn't happen. The film was nominated for eight Academy Awards, including four acting nominations, for writing and directing, along with Best Picture. It's probably not for everyone, but it really stuck out to me.
Rating: R for language and some sexual content/nudity

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Burial a courtroom drama with heart

Broncos Draft Targets

Favorite Westerns, No. 43