Favorite Broncos, No. 14


I miss football, and sports in general. I'm guessing you do, too. And in the place of actual games, we've been seeing a lot of countdowns of classic games, players, etc. And that got me thinking about my own favorite team, the Denver Broncos. I have loved the Denver Broncos since I was a little kid, more than 30 years of fandom. I started watching them in the late 1980s, and have been faithful ever since. So I thought it might be fun to take a little walk down memory lane and consider my favorite players from those teams. So this is just a personal list, that will be presented in reverse order starting at number 30. Agree, disagree, have your own stories? Share them in the comments.

No. 14 Ed McCaffrey (1995-2003)
About:
McCaffrey was a big part of the Broncos' offense during their championship years, serving as one half of a great combination of wide receivers. McCaffrey began his career as Giant, then spent a year with the 49ers before coming to the Broncos in 1995. He played nine years in Denver, finishing his career there and winning two Super Bowls. And he was a force on the field, catching 462 passes for 6,200 yards and 46 TDs during his nine years in Denver. That included one great stretch of three seasons from 1998 through 2000 where he had 1,000 yards each season and caught 26 TDs. He was a great competitor and weapon, and one of the pieces that made the Broncos' offense hum. He was a big part of our title teams, and that it part of the reason that he made this list! I think he's an under-rated weapon from the Broncos past, but he easily makes the Top 15 for me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Burial a courtroom drama with heart

Broncos Draft Targets

Favorite Westerns, No. 43