Favorite Broncos, No. 15



I miss football, and sports in general. I'm guessing you do, too. And in the place of actual games, we've been seeing a lot of countdowns of classic games, players, etc. And that got me thinking about my own favorite team, the Denver Broncos. I have loved the Denver Broncos since I was a little kid, more than 30 years of fandom. I started watching them in the late 1980s, and have been faithful ever since. So I thought it might be fun to take a little walk down memory lane and consider my favorite players from those teams. So this is just a personal list, that will be presented in reverse order starting at number 30. Agree, disagree, have your own stories? Share them in the comments.

No. 15 Tim Tebow (2010-2011)
About:
This might be the most controversial pick on this list. Tebow wasn't with the Broncos long, in fact in two seasons he only started 14 games. But the thing is, he made an impact. I was a big Tebow fan from the beginning, including when he was at the University of Florida. I was excited when the Broncos drafted him, and in fact he's one of the few good things about the Josh McDaniels era. He wasn't an incredible passer, but he was a great competitor. He got into a few games at the end of his rookie season, making three starts and going 1-2. Even in that season he managed 227 rushing yards and six TDs, throwing for five TDs and only three INTs. In the following season, Tebow started 11 games, throwing for about 1,700 yards and 12 TDs against six INTs. He also added 660 rushing and six TDs, and more importantly went 7-4 as a starter. That helped Denver finish 8-8, where they made the playoffs and then Tebow pulled off his biggest win, an overtime playoff victory over the Pittsburgh Steelers. When he hit Demariyus Thomas on the crossing route for a TD, it was a thrilling moment. Tebow's star burned bright and burned out quickly, but it was a fun ride. Peyton Manning came in 2012, as most will remember, and Tebow was shipped to the Jets. He didn't really pan out there, and didn't make it out of camp with the Patriots. His career in the NFL, primarily, comes down to that 2011 season. But it was memorable and a lot of fun. I still have my jersey!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Burial a courtroom drama with heart

Broncos Draft Targets

Favorite Westerns, No. 43