Favorite Broncos, No. 17



I miss football, and sports in general. I'm guessing you do, too. And in the place of actual games, we've been seeing a lot of countdowns of classic games, players, etc. And that got me thinking about my own favorite team, the Denver Broncos. I have loved the Denver Broncos since I was a little kid, more than 30 years of fandom. I started watching them in the late 1980s, and have been faithful ever since. So I thought it might be fun to take a little walk down memory lane and consider my favorite players from those teams. So this is just a personal list, that will be presented in reverse order starting at number 30. Agree, disagree, have your own stories? Share them in the comments.

No. 17 Jason Elam (1993-2007)
About:
We're nearing the Top 15, and that means I'm hitting a lot of different positions, but also hitting on a lot of players that were part of the Broncos' first title run. Elam was the team's kicker for 15 seasons, including during the first two Super Bowl runs. It was in 1998, during that memorable season, that Elam kicked and made his 63-yard-field goal, at the time tying a record. He was a great and reliable scorer. Kickers are important to real football, and Elam was a key part of the Broncos success. He was a great and reliable kicker, making nearly 81 percent of his field goals while a Broncos. He was our kicker for a long time and a good one, and being part of those championship teams was has always endeared him to me. So, yes, a kicker makes the list!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Burial a courtroom drama with heart

Broncos Draft Targets

Favorite Westerns, No. 43