Favorite Broncos, No. 6

 


I miss football, and sports in general. I'm guessing you do, too. And in the place of actual games, we've been seeing a lot of countdowns of classic games, players, etc. And that got me thinking about my own favorite team, the Denver Broncos. I have loved the Denver Broncos since I was a little kid, more than 30 years of fandom. I started watching them in the late 1980s, and have been faithful ever since. So I thought it might be fun to take a little walk down memory lane and consider my favorite players from those teams. So this is just a personal list, that will be presented in reverse order starting at number 30. Agree, disagree, have your own stories? Share them in the comments.

No. 6 Von Miller (2011-)
About:
We're on the cusp of the Top 5, and we come to the last of the active players, Von Miller. Miller was the top pick in John Elway's first draft as a GM, and he's been rock solid for Denver. In fact, his pre-season injury this year was crushing for many reasons. Miller has been a terror for opposing quarterbacks and earned the MVP title for Super Bowl 50, which the Broncos won. He was all over Cam Newton in that one, which was a battle of the Top 2 picks of the 2011 draft. He's an incredible player who is routinely in the Pro Bowl and the league's Top 100, even in lean years for the Broncos. He has 106 sacks and 212 quarterback hits, missing just nine games in 10 seasons prior to 2020. He is a sure fire Ring of Fame member for Denver, and I suspect he'll be in the Hall of Fame. I hope he returns strong and is with Denver, and only Denver, for many more seasons.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Burial a courtroom drama with heart

Broncos Draft Targets

Favorite Westerns, No. 43