Favorite Broncos, No. 1

 


I miss football, and sports in general. I'm guessing you do, too. And in the place of actual games, we've been seeing a lot of countdowns of classic games, players, etc. And that got me thinking about my own favorite team, the Denver Broncos. I have loved the Denver Broncos since I was a little kid, more than 30 years of fandom. I started watching them in the late 1980s, and have been faithful ever since. So I thought it might be fun to take a little walk down memory lane and consider my favorite players from those teams. So this is just a personal list, that will be presented in reverse order starting at number 30. Agree, disagree, have your own stories? Share them in the comments.

No. 1 John Elway (1983-1998)
About:
And we come to the end of the countdown, and if you know me you know there was no other choice here. Actually, if you like the Broncos, there is no other choice. John Elway is the Broncos. He was as a player, where he led the team for 16 seasons on the field and now has led the team as the GM for a number of years. Elway has had a hand in all the Broncos' Super Bowl titles, two as a player and one as the GM. He also led the team to five Super Bowls as a player. He had 31 comebacks and 40 game-winning drives in his career, and when he retired he was one of the winningest quarterbacks in the NFL. He finished his career with 51,475 yards and 300 touchdowns. He was always my favorite player to watch on the field. I remember when he won the Super Bowl, his helicopter dive against Green Bay. There were tears, and not just for the team in San Diego. There is no version of this list where Elway doesn't end up on top. I think he's one of the best to ever play the game, and has always been my favorite Bronco.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Burial a courtroom drama with heart

Broncos Draft Targets

Favorite Westerns, No. 43