Favorite Broncos, No. 4

 


I miss football, and sports in general. I'm guessing you do, too. And in the place of actual games, we've been seeing a lot of countdowns of classic games, players, etc. And that got me thinking about my own favorite team, the Denver Broncos. I have loved the Denver Broncos since I was a little kid, more than 30 years of fandom. I started watching them in the late 1980s, and have been faithful ever since. So I thought it might be fun to take a little walk down memory lane and consider my favorite players from those teams. So this is just a personal list, that will be presented in reverse order starting at number 30. Agree, disagree, have your own stories? Share them in the comments.

No. 4 Champ Bailey (2004-2013)
About:
As the Top 5 continues, we come to the highest ranked defensive player on the list, Hall of Famer Champ Bailey. In fact, all of my Top 5 are Hall of Fame players! Bailey was one of my favorites, and is still my favorite Bronco Jersey I own. I wear it usually at least once every season. Bailey started his career with Washington, playing there for five seasons before being traded to the Broncos for running back Clinton Portis. He played 10 seasons for the Broncos, and was an anchor on defense. Bailey was a true shut down corner, amassing 34 interceptions, three TDs, four forced fumbles, a fumble recovery, and two sacks in his 10 seasons for the Broncos. Bailey was a great player, great leader, and tons of fun to watch. That's why he's up here for me. My favorite play has to be his interception of Tom Brady in the 2005 playoffs that he nearly returned the distance for a touchdown. That was the kind of player he was, and why he's in the Hall of Fame and one of the Best Broncos of all time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Burial a courtroom drama with heart

Broncos Draft Targets

Favorite Westerns, No. 43