Happy Thanksgiving

 


"Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you." --1 Thessalonians 5:18

It's Thanksgiving, a time to sit back, show our gratitude and celebrate with our families. Of course, like everything else, that's different in 2020. We can't gather freely, and our celebrations will be smaller. And in a crazy year like this, it can be harder to find the gratitude in our hearts. I get it.

It's been a tough year and the world feels broken. We've been at odds with the government over regulations, at odds with each other over the elections and other disputes, and at odds with ourselves as the rates of suicide, alcohol use and domestic abuse have continued to rise. And yet, as believers, we know there is no circumstance in which God is not in control, and for that we are grateful, always.

It's been a tough year, but we all have something to be grateful for. I am grateful for my job, and for my wife being employed. I'm grateful for my needs being met and being able to find a few moments of relaxation and escape this year. I'm grateful for my family and friends, those who've buoyed my spirits when I've needed it.

I'm grateful for my podcast partners and our network, which has been a source of escape and joy, and a true creative outlet in this year. It's been a true blessing, especially in a year like this.

And I'm grateful for my wife, Lindsay, and all her wonderful gifts, support, and companionship. I am also grateful for my little friend Ellie, the Baby Yoda to my Mando, who has made work at home days a little less lonely.

What are you grateful for? I hope you can reflect on these things as we celebrate Thanksgiving today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Burial a courtroom drama with heart

Broncos Draft Targets

Favorite Westerns, No. 43