Favorite Broncos of All Time, RBs

 


Last off-season I ticked down my favorite Broncos of All Time. This off-season, to pass the weeks until we get football, I'm going to be sharing my Top 5 at each position, plus an Honorable Mention. Today I continue with running backs.

1. Terrell Davis (1995-2001)
Stars:
7,607 yards and 60 TDs; 169 receptions, 1,280 yards, 5 TDs
About: Davis is one of my favorite players of All Time and I was thrilled when he made it into the Hall of Fame. He was integral to the best stretch of Broncos' football, including the team's first two Super Bowl titles. His 2,000 yard season was one of my favorites to watch.

2. Clinton Portis (2002-2003)
Stats:
3,099 yards, 29 TDs; 71 receptions, 678 yards, 2 TDs
About: Portis was only a Bronco for two years, but he left an impression. He rushed for more than 3,000 yards in those two seasons and was one of the best running backs in the league. He was also a heck of a lot of fun to watch. While I was sad to see him go, I was grateful that his trade brought in another of my Broncos' favorites, Champ Bailey.

3. Knowshon Moreno (2009-2013)
Stats
: 3,468 yards, 26 TDs; 157 receptions, 1,401 yards, 9 TDs
About: Moreno didn't last long, and he struggled with injuries throughout his Broncos' career. He also played only one more season after leaving Denver. But when he was on the field and going, he made an impact. His final year in Denver was the most prolific with Peyton Manning, and it was his lone 1,000-yard season. He was fun to watch and ran with a lot of heart.

4. C.J. Anderson (2013-2017)
Stats
: 3,051 yards, 20 TDs; 103 receptions, 859 yards, 4 TDs
About: Anderson was an undrafted free agent out of Cal that caught my eye in the pre-season. He wasn't the most likely candidate to lead the rushing attack, but he took off in 2014 and really led the team in 2015, serving as the main back in a run to the Super Bowl. In fact, Anderson is a big part of the reason the Broncos won the Super Bowl. I loved watching him run and will always be grateful for his efforts.

5. Phillip Lindsay (2018-2020)
Stats:
2,550 yards, 17 TDs; 77 receptions, 465 yards, 1 TD
About: Lindsay is another undrafted free agent, a local kid who made good and made it in the NFL. He began his career with back-to-back 1,000-yard seasons, in addition to a Pro Bowl berth. Injuries stymied him last season, and sadly now he's on to the Texans. I will miss Lindsay and loved watching him play.

Honorable Mention: Bobby Humphrey (1989-1991)
Stats
: 2,386 yards, 14 TDs; 46 receptions, 308 yards, 1 TD
About: Humphrey is another back that didn't last long. That seems to be the story with all of the guys on this list, and in fact pretty well sums up most of my experience with running backs in Denver. Humphrey did have a couple good seasons to begin his career before getting derailed in season three and ending up on Miami for one year. But I'll always remember him being the Broncos' back in Tecmo Bowl, which is a fun memory.
Stats: 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Burial a courtroom drama with heart

Broncos Draft Targets

Favorite Westerns, No. 43