Revisiting the Academy Awards, 2018

 


As some of you know, I have been a frequent guest host on the Music City Drive In Movie podcast this summer. We've been looking at movies since 2000, re-nominating the Academy Awards. That got me thinking about the actual fields of the awards themselves. In a new weekly series, I'll be looking back at the last 40 years of Oscars and reviewing the choices at Best Picture, Best Director and the four acting categories.

2018:

Best Picture:
* Green Book
* Roma
* A Star Is Born
* Black Panther
* BlacKkKlansman
* Bohemian Rhapsody
* The Favourite
* Vice

About: Green Book won this award, but I'm going another way. I'm going with Black Panther.

Best Director:
* Alfonso Cuaron
* Spike Lee
* Adam McKay
* Yorgos Lanthimos
* Pawel Pawlikowski

About: Cuaron won for Roma. It's a decent pick, but I'm going with Lee.

Best Actor:
* Rami Malek
* Christian Bale
* Bradley Cooper
* Willem Dafoe
* Viggo Mortensen

About: Malek won. It should have been Cooper. He's my pick.

Best Actress:
* Olivia Coleman
* Glenn Close
* Lady Gaga
* Melissa McCarthy
* Yalitza Aparicio

About: Coleman got the win, and she was good. I'm going with Gaga.

Best Supporting Actor:
*Mahershala Ali
* Adam Driver
* Sam Elliott
* Richard E. Grant
* Sam Rockwell

About: Ali won. I didn't LOVE the film, but he's great. I'm sticking with him.

Best Supporting Actress:
* Regina King
* Amy Adams
* Emma Stone
* Rachel Weisz
* Marina de Tavira

About: King got the win here. It's a good field, but I'm sticking with King.

That's a wrap on 2018. Check back next week for 2019!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Burial a courtroom drama with heart

Broncos Draft Targets

Favorite Westerns, No. 43